M&P15 Sport II 5.56mm Flat Dark
The M&P15 Sport II 5.56mm Flat Dark II 5.56mm Optics Ready (OR) Flat Dark Earth (FDE) rifle from Smith & Wesson removes the A2 front sight post, and is equipped with a picatinny-style rail, allowing you to mount a large variety of optics and accessories to your rifle. While the standard M&P15 Sport II comes with a Magpul standard flip-up sight and an A2 post, this model gives you the option to add an optic or sight of your choice. Flat-top rifles, like this one, offer more customization that the AR-15 shooters of today demand.
The Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport II OR FDE rifle also includes a Dust Cover and Forward Assist. Other features include a 6-position telescoping stock, 7075 T6 Aluminum receiver and 4140 Steel barrel with a 1 in 9” twist.
The new M&P 15 Sport II OR FDE also features a Forged, Integral Trigger Guard, Armornite Finish (Durable Corrosion Resistant Finish), and a Chromed Firing Pin. Each rifle is shipped with a 30-round Magpul PMAG.
Armornite finish is a hardened nitride finish that provides: Enhanced corrosion resistance, greatly improved wear resistance, decreased surface roughness, reduced light reflection and increased surface lubricity. Armornite is used on many S&W and M&P products imparting a high level of protection internally and externally where applied.
- Flat Dark Earth Finish on Select Components
- Gas Block with Integral Picatinny-Style Rail
- QD Sling Swivel Attachment Point (bottom of gas block)
- Forged, Integral Trigger Guard
- Armornite Finish on Barrel (Durable Corrosion Resistant Finish)
- Chromed Firing Pin
- Forward Assist
- Dust Cover
- 30 Round PMAG
- Rifling: 1:9″ – 6 groove
- Manufacturer: Smith & Wesson
- Model: M&P15 Sport II OR FDE
- Style: 12452
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Action: Gas Operated Semi-Auto
- Capacity: 30-Rounds
- Barrel Length: 16 in Threaded
- Barrel Material: 4140 Steel
- Overall Length: 35″ Extended 32″ Collapsed
- Grip: Polymer
- Upper & Lower Receiver: 7075 Aluminum
- Receiver Finish: Hard Coat Black Anodized
- Accessories Finish: FDE – Stock Grip and Handguard